Thanks to my wonderful Mom, Chad and I took a trip to San Diego for 4 days. She and Granny Rae flew down from Utah to watch Lilly and Jensen for us. They are the best. And the kids LOVE them. What did we do you ask? We got in the car without loading kids, car seats, diapers bags, and strollers. We slept THROUGH the night and into the morning! We went out without having to schedule babysitters and pay them 1/2 our pay check. Basically this wasn't too much of a sight seeing, busy vacation but a relaxing vacation. We needed a break and it was great. I will say however I was Ready to get back to my kids on day two. (I have a harder time away from them then I expected) My favorite part (besides being with My Chaddy) was eating out! No cooking or clean up!! I really enjoyed not cleaning for a few days. Maybe we should hire a maid??!
We watched the sunset. It was cool, for like ten minutes every single person on the beach was glued to the sun as we watched it completely disappear.

We did a session at the San Diego temple and it is BEAUTIFUL! Chad claims it to be his favorite temple now.


Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the kids with Grandma, but it sure was fun to have them here for a little while! Chad and I both claim to see Jensen take his first step but it was at different times. He still has a while before it will be a regular thing, but he is definitely attempting. Soon we hope!
This is after our trip. Just enjoying the nice weather and the pool!

6 comments:
SO SO SO FUN!! I am so jealous! But I miss my kids a lot too when I go away. It looks like you had a great vacation...and by the way I LOVE your hair. It looks really good! Katie is the best!! Well I love you guys...and I am with you, lets get maids...
Sounds like a fabulous vacation!
Wow, that made me want to take a vacation! I'm glad you had such a great time. Mom's need to take breaks every once in a while. Getting a maid has been Jace and I's running joke since we've been married HAHA! And since Ethan came along the apartment feels like it's NEVER clean no matter how hard I try. blah. Miss you!
Breaks make better parents! I definitely think it's important to get some time as a couple! You guys are so cute!
That last picture of Jensen looks just like you Chad.
Glad you came to Diego and didn't stop by :)
Post a Comment