Friday, July 2, 2010

Prayer

So the other day I was in the car with Lilly. I was crying (just pregnancy emotions). and after a little bit Lilly said "Mom are you happy now?" I said "Yes I'm very happy now" still in tears, but hiding them. She said, "I know because I said a prayer to make mommy happy!"

What a sweet little girl. Little kids do catch on to things, no matter how much we may think they don't!

On a different yet simmilar note... I was having an exceptionally hard day the other day, just with the little stuff that makes motherhood so hard. The stuff that if I were to write down would sound frivilous and silly. (you know the excessive
"no's" and fits ect). Alone in my room, balling, I saw this up on our computer on Lds.org and turned it on. I did not want to see a bunch of videos and pictures of how perfect mothers and perfect children should behave together, but I watched it anyway. And it was just what I needed, it was real and so sweet. So here it is for all you mother's out there working 24/7 ! Keep Going!

To Watch Click Here

6 comments:

Ian and Kristen said...

I love your little Lilly! What a sweetheart. You are an AMAZING mom Laura! We ALL have little moments like That!

Zylstra Family said...

Sweet little Lilly!! It was so fun to see you guys! I know I have said it before, but I will keep saying it until it becomes a reality...I wish you lived CLOSER!!!

John and Trina Busch said...

Amen amen amen! Thank you!

Kayli Sue said...

That is so sweet! I think this has been one of my favorite posts I have ever read. You are such a great mommy, especially if Lilly learned to pray like that! That is so awesome. Thank you for the video clip. I needed to watch it too!

EmmaLeigh said...

That is so cute. I love little Lilly and you. May more blessings coming your way.

EmmaLeigh said...

wow I watched your video link and I am pretty sure it did not help you to stop crying that day. Press forward friend.