We spent one day going to Vermont to see the Joseph Smith Memorial where he was born. The day started out rough with jensen throwing up all over in the car. Everywhere we tried to stop to get new clothes for him was closed due to flooding from the hurricane. Kohls was 6 feet under water. We continued on taking many detours due to closed roads. We drove through residential area's and really saw what the hurricane did for this town. The river rose 30 feet destroying crops and many houses. It was sad to see.
Lilly Jensen and Jaylee sitting on Joseph's Smith actual door step.
We came to the CUTEST little town I have ever seen and spent some time just pretending we lived that kind of lifestyle. I kept telling Chad, "I'm Home!" I love small towns.
Lilly and Jensen ran up and down this hill tackling each other over and over just having the time of their lives!
Our last day there, we went and picked berries with Ryan and Amber and their kids.
It was so fun to hang out with Karla, Dave and baby Thomas.They live in a really neat part of Boston right next to a cute park that the kids enjoyed. We got to see a lot of Boston, eat some good food, and just hang out. Chad and Dave even made it to a Yankee vs Red Sox game at Fenway stadium. We had a picnic in Public Gardens and then went to Boston Commons and they have a frog pond.It is basically a huge pool that is only 6 inches deep. The kids loved it.
1 comment:
Laura- looks like you had a lot of fun after we left. So fun to pick berries up there!
I love all the pics! And we all really need to swap pictures, you have so many good ones up at the Lake house. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment