Hevenly Father works in mysterious ways, and I sure am glad.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Locked in
So we have Lilly and Jensen's door handles reversed so that we can lock it from the outside due to problems with them getting out at bedtime. So tonight I was putting them down and we were going to read scriptures in Jensen's room. Well Lilly had locked the door and shut it when she came in. Luckily Jaylee had just walked in to so she wasn't all alone. So here we were, me and the three kids locked in Jensen's empty room...awesome! I had just talked to Chad who had just gotten off work and told me he was going to the store before he came home, but the cell phone wasn't in the room with me to tell him to hurry home. One hour later my knight and shining armour (Chad) freed us and this is what I learned. I really need to play with my kids more. I mean actually PLAY with them. I was vevry frustrated and in a bad mood when we got locked in, but quickly decided I better make this positive rather than negative due to the circumstances. So we found some cars and played together and Jensen just lit up. He was so excited to have us all interacting on his stomping grounds with his toys. And Lilly just wanted to impress me the whole time. And Jaylee didn't cry at all. It turned out to be a great learning experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cool! I love that story.
you are such a good mom
Post a Comment