Bedtime Stories
So the other night Chad was putting Lilly to bed and for some reason that night she was being ridiculously unreasonable and throwing a huge fit about going to bed. Chad had her in bed while she was kicking and screaming and he said,
"Lilly do you want some water?"
Lilly: (screaming) NOOO
Chad: do you want your dolly
Lilly: NOOO!!
Chad: Do you want to hear a story
Lilly: (screaming) NOOO
Chad: Once upon a time there was a little mermaid named Ariel...(went on to tell her the Little Mermaid story)
As soon as he said the word ariel she immediately quit screaming with her eyes wide open and attention fully engaged in the story. Lilly is obsessed with Ariel!!
battle of the binky and the brains
Perhaps a little late but we have taken the binky away from Lilly. It has been tough, and we have slipped several times. The other morning I was in the room playing w Lilly and Jensen and Lilly was holding Jensen's binky. I told her that she could not have it and when I looked up again it was gone. I told her thank you for listening. Later that night I came home late after their bedtime and Chad informed me Lilly went down so good without a binky. She told him, "Daddy I don't need a binky just like Ariel. I'm a big girl!" This was quite a contrast from other nights. When I went in to check on her, she was fast asleep with Jensen's binky in her mouth that she had strategically hid in her bed earlier that morning. I think we may have underestimated her sneakiness!
Jensen is growing faster and faster. In his early life he was a bit colicky, but he is really the HAPPIEST little boy ever!! I look forward to Chad getting home bc Jensen just lights up so much. He LOVES his daddy. It is so so cute.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Lilly... that sneaky little girl! Too funny!
Wow yeah you've got a sneaky one on your hands. That's the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! Will was colicky too but now is one of the happiest kids I know! So if putting up with 3 months of colic produces a happy kid then its worth it for me! How are things going?? I was telling my husband about all my fun Nauvoo stuff. Good times!
Post a Comment